Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Using the Authorize.net extension, I am unable to process transactions.

This had worked previously. It appears to have stopped working on or around January 4th.

When I turn on Authorize.net logging, I get this error:
    Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

From what I can tell this could be a curl issue? Also I noticed that the code suggest disabling peer verification, but this is not recommended according to a bug submitted to the Authorize.net GitHub.

Brian Reeves

Hi Michael,

I’ve just released an update today (1.1.0) that should fix this issue.

You can fix it yourself by updating the cert.pem file found in event-organiser-authorize-net/lib/lib/ssl/cert.pem with the one here: https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-php/blob/a8f7ddb23f2d46fe35e7258d893f5f4b32d35cb4/lib/ssl/cert.pem.

Stephen Harris

Can you explain the cause of this, and if it is likely to ever happen again? Was the old certificate revoked? Is there a way to have a better fallback with maybe an email alert to the site admin?

Brian Reeves

Announcements should be made by Authorize.net at https://community.developer.authorize.net

There was this announcement back in 2015 (which I missed), but I wasn’t aware of any subsequent reminder announcement. (I apologise for missing it, and so not having the plug-in updated prior to the change).

The cert.pem being updated isn’t a regular occurrence, but may well happen again.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.