Oops, maybe this isn't what I had in mind

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums iCal Extension Oops, maybe this isn't what I had in mind

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen!

I just upgraded to Pro so I can add a search-by-tag feature to my site. It works great.

But I also downloaded the iCal extension with the idea that it would enable a “save to iCal” link for users of the site who want to add an event to their own iCal calendars.

I think I was mistaken about that, however? Or is there a way to achieve that? I confess I was a little overwhelmed when I installed the extension and saw that I’d be required to import an iCal feed… did I make an error here?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Abrams

Hi Adam,

Seems so. iCal sync is for pulling in events from iCal feed(s).

The free version has a means of producing an ‘add to calendar’ link: http://docs.wp-event-organiser.com/shortcodes/subscribe-link/

Would you like the iCal purchase refunded?

Stephen Harris

Thanks, Stephen! Yes, a refund would be great. I’ll work on getting that “add to calendar” feature activated.

All the best!

adam

Adam Abrams

Hmm, I see that the feature you refer to seems to only offer a subscription to the entire feed. So in our case, it adds ALL the films to the person’s Google or iCal calendar.

I think most people would only want to add specific films they were interested in, to their own calendar. Is there such an event-specific “add to Google Calendar” or “add to iCal” link option somewhere? Or is this something that would have to be offered by an as-yet-unwritten extension?

Thanks,

Adam

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by  Adam Abrams.
    Adam Abrams

I’m also interested in this! In fact, I feel like I remember it being there in a previous version of the plugin on the event single pages.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by  Cameron Underdown.
    Cameron Underdown

Sorry Adam & Cameron,

I’ve just rediscovered this thread after reviewing older threads. The agenda widget has an ‘add (this event) to Google’, there is also this function: http://codex.wp-event-organiser.com/function-eo_get_add_to_google_link.html

But there’s no shortcode for exposing that list, so you would need to develop one. (Or use it in a theme template).

Stephen Harris
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.