Offline payment mode

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

<p>Hi.
    I want to just offer offline payment (in my case “pay on the day”). I’ve disabled PayPal and enabled offline payment but no payment method is shown on the event page. If you book a ticket it is booked on the back end but the person doesn’t receive an email. I enabled PayPal and there is still no choice of payment until after you book the ticket. Then you get a choice of payment and all works fine but of course this results in duplicate tickets. It looks like a bug. How do I just select offline payment?</p>

<p>Also, is it not possible to choose different payment methods for each event. I want to select offline payment for this event, but what if I want another event to be paid via PayPal. Is this not possible?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

Ian Gray

Hi Ian,

If you only have one gateway enabled, you won’t see an option – but it should automatically use the only available payment gateway option. I release that if the only option is the offline payment then the method of payment is hidden – I’ll fix this.

If you book a ticket it is booked on the back end but the person doesn’t receive an email

The user won’t recieve an e-mail until payment is confirmed (there should be a booking confirmation notice once they submit the form – but there is a bug with this which will be fixed in the next few days).

I enabled PayPal and there is still no choice of payment until after you book the ticket.

I can only assume that the page was refreshed from the cache and so didn’t reflect the updated settings.

Also, is it not possible to choose different payment methods for each event.

Currently its not possible but I’ll add a filter in for this (in the next update) and write up quick snippet that does something like this. The gateway settings cannot be changed for each event, but with this filter you can prevent certain gateways from appearing.

All the best,

Stephen Harris

As always, Stephen- you are a star!

I definitely think having the option for just offline payment is important as is being able to change the payment system for each event.
    We’re organising a trip to Bletchley Park and I don’t wan’t to end up footing the bill for PayPal’s transaction fees!

Ian Gray

Hi Ian,

I meant to post back here with the link. In case you haven’t seen it already: http://wp-event-organiser.com/blog/tutorial/change-which-gateways-are-enabled-for-an-event/

Bletchley Park is well worth a visit!

Stephen Harris

Thanks, Stephen. I’ve added the filter and it seems to be working as expected. I have got two gateways- PayPal and offline and when I added this filter (to just show Offline Payment) the option to change payment option disappears (which I assume is what should happen)
    I am a little confused as to what should then happen. The person booking gets an email to say they have registered, but that is it. In this case I want them to send me payment via bank transfer, so ideally I’d like an automatic email to be sent to them asking them to arrange payment. Is this possible?

Once I receive payment, how do I change the payment status from pending to paid? How do I then send tickets to the people who have booked for the event?

Thanks!

Ian Gray

Just to clarify, with offline payment, when does the person receive the email in the booking section in EO settings? i.e. the one that says:

Dear %display_name%, Thank you for booking with Event Organiser. Your tickets:
    %tickets%
    . Your booking reference is %booking_reference%

Thanks!

Ian Gray

Sorry, one more thing….

I’ve just noticed that the instructions in the “Offline Payment Instructions” section don’t appear at all. Where are they supposed to appear? I’ve put my bank details in here, so if they don’t see it, they won’t be able to send the money.

Am I doing something wrong here, or are there still a few bugs that need to be ironed out?

Ian

Ian Gray

when I added this filter (to just show Offline Payment) the option to change payment option disappears (which I assume is what should happen)

Thats correct.

I am a little confused as to what should then happen. The person booking gets an email to say they have registered, but that is it.

They’ll only get a second email confirming their tickets once their booking has been confirmed. I may add an additional option for the ‘offline’ gateway which emails them straight away (reminding them of their booking/to complete payment), but in the meantime I’ll write up a tutorial on how to implement this.

I’ve just noticed that the instructions in the “Offline Payment Instructions” section don’t appear at all.

Yeah this is a bug which will be fixed in 1.2 (which I’m hoping to have released in a day or two).

Once I receive payment, how do I change the payment status from pending to paid?

Simply update the status of the booking via the booking admin screen. It will automatically email the bookee the confirmation email. Once the booking is confirmed there’s an option to resend this e-mail if needed.

All the best,

Stephen Harris

Thanks for clarifying this, Stephen. I’ll look forward to getting the bug fixed soon.

I think having a feature to send the person an email if the payment is still pending (in the case of offline payment) would be a great feature. It could say something like “Thanks for booking. To confirm the booking please arrange payment by….”

I hadn’t realised you could update the status of a booking, but I have noticed you need to edit each booking separately. That’s fine in my case, but it would good to do this in bulk from the main booking page just by ticking the ones you want to confirm and selecting “change status to confirmed”

By the way, where does the “offline payment instructions” text appear (once you’ve fixed the bug)? Is it on the initial screen, or after the person has selected the tickets and registered? Just checking because ideally I’d like my bank details to appear after they’ve registered.

Thanks again!

Ian

Ian Gray

… I have noticed you need to edit each booking separately. … it would good to do this in bulk from the main booking page just by ticking the ones you want to confirm and selecting “change status to confirmed”

I agree, will add this (but after 1.2) :).

The offline payment instructions will appear on the booking form. There is a filter which allows you to change the ‘thank you’ message which you could use to add the payment details (I’ll write up a tutorial) or you could include it in the email you send out immediately after the booking is placed (article pending 🙂 ).

Stephen Harris

Just published: E-mailing a bookee when the offline gateway is used: http://wp-event-organiser.com/blog/tutorial/sending-an-email-after-an-offline-booking/

Stephen Harris

Thanks, Stephen. Really helpful.
    I’ve added the code to my functions.php file. It works in every way except that there is an error message outputted:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function format() on a non-object in /home/USER/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/includes/event-organiser-utility-functions.php on line 35

Any ideas as to what could be causing it? I use the code exactly as you had it on the tutorial.

Thanks!

Ian

Ian Gray

Couldn’t reproduce that… but its caused by eo_format_datetime() – and its being passed a non-datetime object for some reason (I can’t see anything that invokes that function in the tutorial – unless you use the date tags in the email message).

You could insert echo wp_debug_backtrace_summary() which will print the function’s ancestry – and indiate what has called that function.

Try adding this to the top of eo_format_datetime() (its in includes/event-organiser-utility-functions.php – standard plug-in)

if( !isset( $datetime )  || !($datetime instanceof DateTime) ){
           echo wp_debug_backtrace_summary();
     }

Stephen Harris

Hi, it’s taken me a while to get round to testing this. I added the code and this is what was outputted:

require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-load.php’), require_once(‘wp-config.php’), require_once(‘wp-settings.php’), do_action(‘init’), call_user_func_array, _eo_booking_form_submission_listener, do_action(‘eo_booking_form_submission’), call_user_func_array, _eo_booking_form_submission_handler, EO_Booking_Form->process_form, do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, _eo_process_booking_submission, do_action(‘eventorganiser_pre_gateway_booking_offline’), call_user_func_array, email_booking_receipt, eventorganiser_email_template_tags, eo_get_schedule_start, eo_format_datetime
    Fatal error: Call to a member function format() on a non-object in /home/USER/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/includes/event-organiser-utility-functions.php on line 38

Ian Gray

Will look into this, seems eo_get_schedule_start() is not pulling the event’s ‘schedule start’ date.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.