New install – Fail/Error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi

I was running the free version and decided to upgrade to the PRO version. I deactivated and delete the free version all ok. Installed the PRO zip and seemed to install fine. Clicked on activate plugin and now appears to have broken the complete site and getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function eventorganiser_is_event_query() in /home/itwebnet/public_html/ypn/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-pro/includes/user-bookings.php on line 144

I have also lost access to the admin side of the site!

Please help/advise.

Regards

Jason

jasonb

Hi Jason,

Pro extends the free version. You need to install the free version. If you’re unable to access the admin panel first disable Pro by renaming the event-organiser-pro folder via FTP to something like event-organiser-pro-disabled. (If WordPress can’t find the plugin, it ‘disables’ it). Then install and activate the free version. Finally rename the folder back again via FTP and reactivate Pro.

If you need any assistance with this you can contact me via this form.

In the next update I’ll try to improve Pro’s ability to ‘cope’ when Free is not installed. While it can never function with Free, it can degrade more gracefully.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Stephen Harris

Thanks Stephen,

Yes, I managed to disable the pro plugin and re-establish access to the admin prior to your response. I then tried a few iterations of clearing old/redundant plugins and dropping tables etc… to no avail…

However, reinstalling the free version and uploading the pro version appears to have resolved the issue, as you stated.

Many thanks for your swift response.

Regards

J

jasonb

Awesome, you’re welcome :).

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.