New CSS and /or JS interfering with Visual Composor

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug New CSS and /or JS interfering with Visual Composor

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ann/Caitlin Wiegand/Everett 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey Stephen-

I wonder if you can help me think through this:

At the following page: http://boyscouts-dpvc.org/forms , if you click on some of the grey accordions, you may notice some behavior that has changed since the most recent update. There are not supposed to be any carats or triangles on these headers- esp not above the titles. The update actually changed the color of the font to turquoise, reduced the font size, and made a couple of other changes to this feature. These accordions (which we use many many times in the site) are generated by WP Visual Bakery (Visual Composer). I am not sure why they are effected by this update. They use a class called “grayacc” — do you use this same class anywhere?

Also our theme is pretty dependent upon featured images and we are now experiencing some problems with them in our flyout menus (main navigation- the majority of those featured images do not display anymore).

When we deactivate EO, the grey accordions are fixed– but the function of the flyout menus/featured images is not fixed — that issue may not even be related to EO, but I just wanted to check.

So… do you recognize either of these issues? Do you think there’s an easy way for us to avoid these conflicts? I do not understand how to manage these things in js very well, but if you describe a way to do it, we can probably get someone to help us.

Thanks

Caitlin

• This topic was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by  Ann/Caitlin Wiegand/Everett.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by  Ann/Caitlin Wiegand/Everett.
    Ann/Caitlin Wiegand/Everett

If you’d like, I can send a pic of what the grey accordions should look like, roughly speaking (what they look like when the plugin is deactivated)

Hi Caitlin,

Which update are you referring to? The CSS used on the front-end (eventorganiser-front-end.css) didn’t change from 2.5.1 to 2.6. Did you perhaps update the other plug-in too?

Another thing that may cause this is if that page didn’t require any front-end styling, and then you added something that did. For example, after taking a quick look at the page it seems the only thing that Event Organiser needs to style is the widget agenda. So it should be the case that if you removed that, Event Organiser’s stylesheet isn’t loaded. Reversing that, if you’ve recently added the widget, then that may have caused the change.

As a last resort you can disable Event Organiser’s styling (via the settings) and then copy the contents of the above mentioned stylesheet into your theme’s style.css. Then just remove any bits which conflict with other plug-ins.

(In 2.7 I’m going to audit the front-end styling so as to remove any obsolete styling and namespace everything else – so hopefully issues like this won’t arise)

Stephen Harris

Hey Stephen-

Thanks, as always, for your quick response.

It seems that the culprit was another plugin. Somehow Visual Composer, Formidable, and Event Organiser seem to interfere with each other quite a bit- but it was not your update that put us over the top.

I apologize for sounding the alarm this way.

Thank you for your help

Caitlin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.