Manually changing the event owner

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Is there a way to attribute an event created in the back end to a front end user?

So for example could I create an event in the back-end on behalf of a user how would I make them the organiser?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by  Lukas Feddern.
    Lukas Feddern

You can use the organiser metabox (check screen options and/or Settings > General if this isn’t appearing) on the edit event screen to select a WP user account as the organiser. But you can’t assign the event to a person without an account.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

I have checked the screen options and checked to display author, but this only let me change the submitted back to the admin. Which meta box should I be able to change the organiser in? I have currenty Event Details, Event tickets, event categories, event tags and featured image.

I could not find any relevant settings in setings-general

Lukas Feddern
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by  Lukas Feddern.
    Lukas Feddern

Hi Lukas,

I’ve taken a look at this, and I’ve found that in certain circumstances the event organiser/author metabox might not appear even when selected in the screen options. I have two test installs: one where it is working, and one where it isn’t, so I’ll be looking into this.

In the mean time, you could quick-edit the event.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.