License for Development

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi I purchased the ICAL extention to see if it would work for my client I installed on a test site on my host. I now need to transfer it to a development server and then to the live site, all 3 sites are on different hosting accounts and I don’t see anywhere I can disable the license. I assume I don’t need to re-purchase just to have a test->develop->launch workflow! Please advise ASAP

Nick Murray

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately there’s no way of knowing if a site is just a development/staging copy of a live site, and it’s not possible (your end) to ‘unlink’ a license key. But you don’t need to purchase a separate license for each, but the key can only be used on one site.

Generally speaking if you have a development/staging/live set up, you won’t be updating plug-ins on the staging/live sites, but instead updating these on the development server and pushing those changes to the staging/live sites. In that context, you can use the key on the development site, where you do the updates, and push the changes live. The plug-in will still work on the staging/live sites but you won’t be able to update there.

If you need a license key ‘released’, please get in touch via this form.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.