Is there any way Front End Submission Forms can be used to edit existing events?

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Frontend Submissions Is there any way Front End Submission Forms can be used to edit existing events?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Craig Haller 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I’m looking for a solution that will allow events to be edited on the front-end using a form. Is this possible with the Front End Submissions extension or is there another way to do this?

Thanks
    Nick

Nick Evans

Hi Nick,

Yes there is an option to enable this. But It applies only to logged-in users..

Stephen Harris

Where is this option? The FAQ states developers are still working on it providing this option.

Caroline Ford

Yes this is an option, but only logged-in users can edit events, and only events created by the front-end interface can be edited via the front-end.

Stephen Harris

Thank you Stephen. This is exactly what I would like to happen.

I have added an event as a dummy user and clicked on the event – but there is no option presented to the logged in user to edit their event. I have allowed all logged-in users the ability to edit their events. Is there a shortcode that gives them access to their posts?

is there any documentation that shows me how to set this up?

Thanks Caroline

Caroline Ford

Caroline:
    Follow this: https://wp-event-organiser.com/blog/announcements/event-organiser-fes-1-2-frontend-editing/
    Then when you the person who entered the event on the front end is logged in and if they go to the event page there is an EDIT link at the bottom of the page.
    I see a bug in the code that makes that link so for me it goes to the wrong place. I have a work around if you need it.

Craig Haller
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.