Internal Server Error 500 when booking

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Internal Server Error 500 when booking

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa Sickles 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

When booking events, it is returning an internal server error 500 and leaving the booking pending and not charging or confirming bookings. What is going wrong?

Lisa Sickles

Hi Lisa,

What does your error log say? There should be an error logged for when you encountered the error.

Stephen Harris

It’s hosted on WordPress and the logs can’t be accessed.

Lisa Sickles

What do you mean by its hosted on WordPress? WordPress is software not a hosting provider. I don’t think you mean WordPress.com because they don’t allow you to install plugins.

Your hosting provider should provide access to your sever error logs. Typically this is through a control panel they provide to you and/or the logs are often in the root directory of your site, accessible via FTP.

Stephen Harris

It is through WordPress.com, it’s a business account. They don’t allow FTP access. It had been working fine for a couple of weeks before we started having the issue.

Lisa Sickles

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught AuthorizeNetException: Error: no field currency_code exists in the AIM API. To set a custom field use setCustomField(‘field’,’value’) instead. in /wpcom-137277233/wp-content/plugins/ec-authorizenet/anet_php_sdk/lib/AuthorizeNetAIM.php:308 Stack trace: #0 /wpcom-137277233/wp-content/plugins/ec-authorizenet/anet_php_sdk/lib/AuthorizeNetAIM.php(239): AuthorizeNetAIM->setField(‘currency_code’, ‘USD’) #1 /wpcom-137277233/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-authorize-net/class-eo-authorize-net-payment-gateway.php(284): AuthorizeNetAIM->setFields(Array) #2 /wordpress/core/4.9/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): EO_Authorize_Net_Payment_Gateway->process(317, Array, Object(WP_Error), Object(EO_Booking_Form)) #3 /wordpress/core/4.9/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #4 /wordpress/core/4.9/wp-includes/plugin.php(515): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /wpcom-137277233/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-pro/includes/booking-actions.p

Lisa Sickles

I was able to get them to pull logs for me, that’s the error occuring

Lisa Sickles

Hi Lisa,

The error isn’t coming from Event Organiser, but instead a plugin called: ec-authorizenet.

It seems you have second plugin that uses Authorize.net and is including their client library, presumably a different version. Event Organiser is inadvertently using that version, rather than the one bundled with the Event Organiser Authorize.net plug-in, and this is causing the error.

Try deactivating ec-authorizenet and see if the problem continues or not.

Stephen Harris

So why is Event Organiser trying to use another plug-ins gateway? I need both to be running simultaneously on the site, as one ec-authorizenet is for private appointment deposits and payments

Lisa Sickles

They are both using different versions of the same gateway’s library.

The plugin checks to see if the library has been loaded, and if not, loads it. If it didn’t do that you’d end up with a different fatal error.

In this case the library had already been loaded so it continues as normal. Unfortunately the library’s interface has sufficiently changed between the versions so as to cause a fatal error.

I’ll look into how this might be resolved so both plugins can remain active.

Stephen Harris

Thank you

Lisa Sickles
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.