Import and theme conflict

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I seem to be running into a problem with the Event Organizer plugin and our theme. We are using the plugin with the iCal extension to fetch events from an Office 365 calendar feed. Our theme seems to have some event managing capabilities as wel and that causes some problems.

When importing events they do not show up in the ‘All events’ overview, but the event counters do increase. The exact same thing happens with new events created within WP.

http://i.imgur.com/dfvYvM9.jpg

The event do show up in the calendar on the front end so they are there but because the events aren’t visible in the overview, there is no easy way for us to edit, manage or delete them.

I figured that perhaps both the plugin and theme use the same ‘event’ post type so I tried disabling it in the theme by adding some code to the theme’s ‘functions.php’ found on their support forum but unfortunately that did not solve the problem. add_action(‘after_setup_theme’, ‘removeParentPostTypeAction’);
    function removeParentPostTypeAction() {
    remove_action(‘init’, ‘event_register’);
    }

Do you have any suggestions to solve this issue?

Yves Neveu

I’ve just sent you an email about this since it might be something obvious upon seeing the source code.

In the meantime you might want to try the QueryMonitor plugin and inspect the query on that page since its possible the theme is modifying it in such a way that means no events are returned.

Stephen Harris

Hi Yves,

Thanks for sending the theme over, and apologies for the delay. Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to edit the theme files directly. Specifically line 2333 of imic-framework/imic-theme-functions.php in the theme, by commenting out the lines:

$REARRANGE_EVENT_LIST = new REARRANGE_ADMIN_EVENT_LIST_COLS();
     unset($REARRANGE_EVENT_LIST);

Stephen Harris
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.