iCal Venue and Event-Venue Queries

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums iCal Extension iCal Venue and Event-Venue Queries

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello! I am wanting to get some clarification regarding correcting the venue information via the 2016 script Stephen created. My question is will I need the Pro version to access “Event-Venue Queries” feature or is “Event-Venue Queries” included in the iCal extension? I currently have the iCal extension due to that being pretty much all I need, but wanted to know if Event Venue Queries is needed, could it possibly be an extension as well?

Side note:Stephen, I really do appreciate your plugin and the time and effort you’ve put into creating it.

Thanks in Advance

Richard Smart

Hi Richard,

Apologies for the delayed response. You’ll need Pro to access the event-venue query api and venue query api. That snippet you linked to, doesn’t require Pro and will populate the address data.

Stephen Harris

Hey Stephen!

Thank you for the reply! I tried to implement the code into my site, but to no avail. I did not see any changes to the city and state portion. Am I missing something?

Richard Smart

Hi Richard,

Just to confirm – you’re trying to import an iCal feed and want to import the city and state part of the venue?

Assuming that’s the case, note that if the venue already exists (which is likely if you’ve tried importing that feed), then subsequent imports won’t update that venue. So if you’ve added that snippet after the initial import, then it might not make any difference.

Try deleting the venues and try again.

If that still doesn’t work, get in touch with the URL of the feed and I’ll take a look.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.