iCal Sync Feature Request

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Navarro 10 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I would like to Enable/Disable individual feeds. And/Or set the frequency of the update on a PER FEED basis.

For example, I have some sports feeds I’d like to update twice daily. But I have a community calendar feed I only want to upgrade daily. And another I’d like to do hourly.

Also, is there a filter available during the import to examine each element as it’s imported?

A local university names their games “Mens Basketball”. Problem is, I import the Mens Basketball feeds from several universities. So when you look at the event, it says “Men’s Basketball vs Baylor”. But WHICH team is it?

If I could write a filter, I could rename items during import as “KU vs Baylor”.

Thanks!

Dave Navarro

Hi Dave,

Yes there is a filter for altering each event on import: eventorganiser_ical_feed_parsed (see docs). Each event is an array of the form that you would pass to eo_insert_event()/eo_update_event() (see docs) (with the addition of a meta data argument). In particular, the event title is given by the post_title key.

However, I’m not sure there is an easy way of identifying the origin of the feed using that filter. The best you can do at the moment is look in $ical_parser->ical_array which is the content of the iCal feed as an array (of lines).

In an update (to Event Organiser) I’ll attach the source of the feed too, so that the origin can be determined (I’m thinking in instances where there could be two universities doing the same thing).

Unfortunately there isn’t a way of setting the update frequency on per-feed basis.

Stephen Harris

Hey thanks on that filter, I’ll work with that this week.

Can you add the ability to enable/disable individual feeds? So that not all feeds are automatically updated.

Dave Navarro
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.