ICal sync error

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Philip Klich 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

as told in the tutorials i added the gogle cal link but i cannot sync.

Its causing an error ;
    [Zeile 6432] Falsche Angabe für datetime “2”. Datum muss entweder im YYYYMMDDTHHiissZ- oder YYYYMMDDTHHiiss-Format vorliegen.

but if i import the ics via the import button it works?!

please help me, or the ical syncfunction is totaly useles for me

Philip Klich

Hi Philip,

That error message indicates that iCal feed is incorrectly formatted. Could you provide a link to the feed in question?

Stephen Harris

Given Google calendar feeds are correctly formatted and that the invalid formatted date is “2” (which could be the beginning of a valid date) I am beginning to wonder if the feed has been truncated.

The feed would be helpful here. If don’t wish to publish it publicly you can use this form: http://wp-event-organiser.com/contact

Stephen Harris

this is the cal’s url : https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/6is2vjn36e5kltp39vkl2t87gk%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

and it also provided me the ics file which i imported manually…

Philip Klich

Hi Philip,

Surprisingly, the iCal feed is invalid, specifically on the line referenced in the error message (it was a different line for me, and will move around as you add/remove events), the EXDATE format was invalid:

BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20150208T103000
    DTEND;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20150208T120000
    EXDATE;TZID=Europe/Berlin:2
    UID:l3kp2g04im263m71kusa9c7h4c@google.com
    END:VEVENT

A date is expected, but “2” is given. Fortunately this is the only event (event with UID: l3kp2g04im263m71kusa9c7h4c@google.com) with that invalid date, so I’d recommend deleting it (and creating it if required). You should then be able to import automatically.

The only reason why you can manually import is that it fails silently on that event, whereas the iCal sync aborts the sync.

Stephen Harris

Thank you very much! now that i updatet the specivic event, it works! but now the plugin says invalid license code? but i guess thats another problem and would require another forum thread..

Thanks again!

Philip Klich
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.