iCal link won't add

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We have an .ics link from our outlook calendar (looks like the link below) but it won’t add it in the iCal Sync Feed settings 🙁

webcal://calendars.office.microsoft.com/pubcalstorage/95jdzllz3165623/name_of_calendar.ics

We have tried changing the webcal:// to http:// but it still doesn’t work.

Please help…

Thanks
    Kalinda

Kalinda Francomb

Hi Kalinda,

Do you mean that when you try to the add the feed, it doesn’t add it to the list of feeds? I’ve just tested that url, and didn’t have any problems in adding it. However, the url itself doesn’t point to a valid feed, in fact it 404s (File or directory not found.).

If you are having difficulty even adding the feed to the list, then I suspect it probably isn’t specific to that url. There maybe a javascript error on the page. Alternatively, if you refresh the page, does the feed appear? If so, then it suggests an error in the Ajax response (sometimes caused by error messages from other plug-ins, corrupting the response).

You can check for any errors by opening your browser’s console, refreshing the page, and trying again, and seeing what (if any) error messages appear.

If you need more assistance with this, please just ask 🙂

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, we are having problems adding the url to the feed and when clicking on the advanced options link it just links to the import/export page, not to advanced options.

Refreshing the page doesn’t show the feed in the feeds list. I’ve opened the browser console and when trying to add the feed get this error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    Calling LP_setval from A

So, it seems it could be the link we have got from our Outlook calendar? Are we using the right link, can we get the ics link from our Outlook calendar or does it only work for ical calendars?

Thanks
    Kalinda

Kalinda Francomb

Hi Kalinda,

This sounds like a javascript error on the page, and nothing to do with the url itself (although the feed itself seemed to 404). If you could you get in touch via this contact form with admin access details, then I can take a look for you and see what exactly the issue is.

(ics is the file format for iCal feeds, so using outlook’s iCal feed should be fine.)

Stephen Harris

Hi,

Thanks, just submitted the form with admin details for you.

url: http://www.obwiz.co.uk/Larkmead2014v2

Thanks
    Kalinda

Kalinda Francomb

Thanks, got it!

Stephen Harris

Hi, I’m having exactly the same problem, where adding a new feed doesn’t work at all (not appearing in the feeds list at all). I have tested the URL and it works OK, so I suspect the javascript problem. Is there a resolution to this problem? I can provide login details if you require them.

Feed is here

Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry I meant to post an update here. As suspected it was nothing to do with the feed itself, but the javascript file wasn’t be loaded but instead gave a 404 File not found error message. This was due to the permissions on the plug-in folder which meant these files weren’t readable. You can correct this using an FTP client.

Stephen Harris

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply. Oddly I’m not getting any 404 message in the console, and the javascript source seems to be loading fine (assuming it is the file eo-sync-ical.min.js?ver=1.3.0). So could this still be a permissions error?

Cheers

Tom

Tom

Mmm… sounds like that could be something else causing problems. It might be best if I take a quick look (l’ve just sent you an e-mail).

Stephen Harris

Ah, you’re running 3.4.2, there’s a bug with WordPress 3.4.2. (You can upgrade or install this hotfix plug-in). The bug relates to a javascript file which is used by iCal sync to add feeds and also by WordPress to add custom fields.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the help with this. I’ve installed the hot fix plugin and it hasn’t helped (any ideas?), so I’ll have to see whether an upgrade to a newer version of WP will do it.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

Hi Stephen,

We’re having a similar issue with the feed not adding. We’re running WP 4.0, which eliminates the 3.4.2 bug. I also checked the permissions on el-sync-ical.min.js. They are set to 755. Please help.

Jonathan

Jonathan Thompson

Hi Jonathan,

Do you get an error message when trying to add the feed? Or does it simply just not add? Additionally, if you open your browser’s console, refresh the page and try to add a feed, are there any error messages in the console?

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

No error message showed up. The page just refreshes when I submit. Here is a screenshot of the console.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkagxa5egwf7m1q/Fullscreen_9_13_14__7_43_AM.jpg?dl=0

Thanks, Jonathan

Jonathan Thompson
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.