How do I Activate it?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dirk Zemisch 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I must be missing something… There is no place to activate this add on. The settings page for the main plugin is not recognizing that I have installed the add on and there is no location to enter the licence key. Help!<br />
    Thanks,
    JW

Josh Wolsky

Hi Josh,

You can upload the plug-in by going to Plugins > Add New > Upload and upload the zip file. Or move the unzipped file to your wp-content/plugins directory. It should then appear on your plug-ins admin page, and you can activate it. When activated you can enter the license key on Settings > Event Organiser > General.

Stephen Harris

Stephen:

Thanks for the reply. Everything is uploaded, no problems there. And when I go the Import/Export tab (hadn’t checked there when I posted earlier) I am able to import a ical feed. Everything seems to be working as I expected on that front… But…

On the Settings -> Event Organiser -> General tab there is no field for entering the license key for the ical add on. There is a link that says “You do not have any add-ons activated. You can view the available add-ons here.” The system doesn’t seem to be picking up the fact that the add-on exists, but only for administrative purposes… the functionality seems to be there. Make sense? In other words, I’m not seeing what you’re telling me I should be seeing with regards to entering the license key.

I have also added the poster-style add on, and that isn’t showing up as activated either and haven’t figured out how to get that to work yet.

Running WP 3.8 on wpengine hosting.

JW

Josh Wolsky

Hi Josh,

When you go to the Plug-ins page can you see the extensions listed? If not, can you confirm that the extension folders are unzipped and located in your plugins directory, alongside the Event Organiser?

Stephen Harris

Stephan:

Yes, both the main plugin and the Ical add-on are visible and activated in the plugin list. Have just moved from a development site to one that will eventually be live and still have the same behavior. The add on is active and functional, but there is no place enter a license key for the add-on.

And by the way, I’m fine with how this is working right now, but if you think this is a bug of some sort I’m happy to help you trouble shoot it.

Should also mention this is a multisite environment.

JW

Josh Wolsky

Hi,

nearly the same problem here. Purchased the addin today, but can not find the place to input the license code.

Both Plugins are activated, but the core plugin says that there is no activated addin. 🙁

And I have no idea where to link the addin to the ICAL feed.

TIA
    Dirk

Dirk Zemisch

@Josh, @Dirk,

If this is a multi-site environment that you need to go to the network site and network activate the plug-in. From there you can also enter the license key via the settings for the entire network.

iCal feeds can then be subscribed to via Settings > Event Organiser > Import/Export of each of the site in the multisite network. Let me know if you’re still not seeing the extension.

Stephen Harris

’cause the license said ‘one site’ I activated the PlugIn directly on the one blog I’ll using it for. After activating it in the Network, I found the place to place the license.

So now it works.

Thanks for the help.!
    Dirk

Dirk Zemisch
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.