giving elements in submission form a class

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Frontend Submissions giving elements in submission form a class

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am trying to give a css class to the categories element in one of my forms using the class box.

I have typed “scheme_submisson_catagory_random” into the box but then when I inspect the form from the front end the class doesn’t appear.

The reason I want to do this is so that I can hide some of the categories in one of my forms (but not the others)

Thanks for your help and great plugin!

Lukas Feddern

Hi Lukas,

You’ve found a bug here. It is fixed for the next major release (1.3.0) and I could try porting that to the 1.2 branch if you wished, but I’m not sure it would help here for what you wanted to do. The class setting will assign the (same) specified class to each of the checkboxes.

The 1.3.0 release will make it possible to exclude categories – there’ll be no user interface for this, but with a few lines you could remove specified terms (and do so conditionally, based on the form).

However, each category term has a unique ID (#event-category-<category-id>) which you could use to hide particular terms.

Stephen Harris

This is quite important for me so I think I will have to bodge it and have a different template for each of the forms calling a different style sheet, so I can have some categories hidden on one form and others hidden on the second form (hidding via id). Does this sound sensible?

Also I am using the software to submit events as well as deadlines – where is the text to change “Event start time” just to start time?

1.3. should great. Have you got an eta for it yet?

Thanks for your help

Lukas Feddern

Achieved what I wanted by using a different template and stylesheet for that template. Thanks

Lukas Feddern

Hi Lukas,

Just to reply to your earlier comment.

so I can have some categories hidden on one form and others hidden on the second form

• as noted each category as unique HTML id attribute you can use to hide it. Most themes will also give a unique ID to the <body> tag, so you can target specific categories on specific pages. If your theme does not, you could always enclose the shortcode for the event form in a <div> with some unique ID you then use in the stylesheet.

“ where is the text to change “Event start time” just to start time?

There is a ‘label’ setting for this field in the form customiser.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.