getting an incorrect map

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  retroj 11 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’m getting an incorrect map in EO for the address “1917 W M-55, West Branch, MI 48661”.

Here is the venue page with the incorrect map: http://noreastr.net/events/venue/the-skate-place/

It is pointing to a location on M-55 west of US 127, not in West Branch, MI. The correct location is quite a bit east of there, as you can see if you put the address directly into google maps: https://maps.google.com/?q=1917+W+M-55,+West+Branch,+MI+48661

I’m looking through the code but I don’t really see how it works, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

retroj

I’ve determined that it’s a bug in Google Geocoding Service, not Event Organiser.

I will look for a way to report the problem to Google, but I still need a way to deal with incorrect map on my site, either by setting a flag on the venue that says “do not display map”, or to display the map by address instead of lat+lon, not use the geocoding service. Any suggestions?

retroj

Is the map getting it close enough to drag? A little known fact is that in the venue admin area you can drag the marker to the correct location.

Just don’t update the address otherwise it will trigger another reverse geocode and move the marker back!

There’s no option to hide the map, but you can edit the templates to remove it (even conditionally) if needs be.

Stephen Harris

Nice trick, I used that to fix it.

Editing templates is something I have become very familiar with over the past few days 🙂 but I’ m not clear on what condition I could use to hide the maps in a case like this. Anyway it’s irrelevant now. Thanks!

retroj
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.