Get Venue by Meta Query returning empty array

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Get Venue by Meta Query returning empty array

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Beth Moeller 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Currently trying to check and see if a venue coming from an API exists in EO based on its address/city/state. For testing purposes, I have removed the API calls and am just testing with hardcoded strings that are known to be in the database:

$venue_query = array(
        array(
            'key' => '_state',
            'value' => 'NY'
        )
    );
    $args = array(
        'meta_query' => $venue_query,
    );
    $o .= var_export($args, true);
    $eoVenues = eo_get_venues($args);
    $o .= var_export($eoVenues, true);
    return $o;

This code is run as part of a shortcode, and the output is:

array ( 'meta_query' => array ( 0 => array ( 'key' => '_state', 'value' => 'NY', ), ), )
    array ( )

The first line of the output shows the query variables being passed into eo_get_venues(), and the second line shows that eo_get_venues() is returning an empty array. I have two venues that appear in the admin list which have states of NY, and two entries in the wp_eo_venuemeta table where key equals _city and value equals NY. When I remove the meta query, all venues are returned as expected.

WordPress version 6.5.2

Event Organiser version 3.12.5

PHP version 8.1

Let me know if there’s any other information I can provide that would be useful to help debug this

Beth Moeller

Digging into this a bit more, the Debug Bar plugin is showing the following query being executed:

SELECT DISTINCT t.term_id
    FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_termmeta ON ( t.term_id = wp_termmeta.term_id ) INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id
    WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('event-venue') AND (
        ( wp_termmeta.meta_key = '_state' AND wp_termmeta.meta_value = 'NY' )
    )
    ORDER BY t.name ASC

This query was generated by WP_Term_Query->get_terms(), which through a few other functions was called by eo_get_venues(). It appears the issue is that the query is checking in wp_termmeta for the venue meta info, and not the wp_eo_venuemeta table.

Beth Moeller
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.