Generate ics file per category

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rolf Hillen 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a site with a lot of events that will be feeding other sites depending on categories.
    Is it possible to generate a ics per category? We need to have a central site for all the events and then just using the ical import feed in other “sub-sites” with their own calendar.

Also…..
    Is it possible to get rid of the ORGANIZER field? or change it? right now it grabs the author, but we have a team of 20 people entering the events that are not the actual organizers.

Thanks for your reply.

Karen Acklin

Hi Karen,

Yes. If you add /feed/eo-events to the url of your event category url (or venue or tag for that matter), you’ll get an iCal feed for that category (or venue / tag).

To remove the ORGANIZER tag, simply remove it from templates/ical.php (move it to your theme first so in updating the plug-in you don’t lose your changes).

Stephen Harris

Works! awesome!

Thank you

Karen Acklin

Hi Stephen,

How can we disable /feed/eo-events functionality?

I don’t want people to download events from my website.

Adnan Akbas

Hi Adnan,

There is an option to disable this in the plugin (General) settings.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Thank you.

Adnan Akbas

Hi Stephen,

we are using those feeds, but they all have the same X-WR-CALNAME, which is the blog’s name. We would prefer to see the category name there. Maybe you could change that in a later version?

Rolf Hillen

Hi Rolf,

The trouble is that it’s not always clear what the title should be. In this case, it’s for a category-specific feed, but you can also generate a feed for future events in a particular category, at a particular venue (etc).

However, if you want to add in your own logic in an update-proof way, you can copy the ical.php template from the plug-in into your theme (or child theme) and the plug-in will use that template. You can then add in your own logic and when you update the plug-in the changes will not be lost.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

it seems to be more complicated than I thought. Then I’ll give the ical.php a try.

Thanks for your help:)

Rolf Hillen
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.