First instance of a custom recurring event not displaying

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug First instance of a custom recurring event not displaying

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Shankie 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I think I’ve found a minor bug. I’ve made a weekly-recurring event for the next year, but then customised the occurrences so that only one event per month displays (the reason being is that I always want the event on the last Friday of the month—something that doesn’t work with monthly recurrences).

In this case, the first instance of the event doesn’t appear. I’ve worked around it by making another instance before the actual first instance.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Shankie

HI Andrew,

Where doesn’t the first occurrence appear (on the front-end?) Could you provide details of the event (e.g. start, end, until, recurrence, excluded dates). I’ve not been able to replicate this.

(Also ‘Last day of the month’ is supported, but when using the admin panel you need to start on month with 5 of those days in the month so that it can differentiate between the last and fourth day of the month. I release that this can make life complicated and I’ll be looking into adding an option when a fourth day of the month is selected, prompting the user to clarify if they wan to to repeat on the last or fourth day of the month)

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

In my case, the first event doesn’t appear either in the front end or the dashboard view of the calendar. If it helps, it’s post 528 on the site that you and I are well familiar with đŸ™‚

Silly me! I didn’t realise that you had built the functionality to have it recur on the ‘Xth Friday of a month’ or whatever. That’s very useful.

a

Andrew Shankie
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.