Feed Added, Won't Fetch Events

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hey Stephen,

Using your extension I’ve successfully added a feed, but when I use the ‘fetch’ link it does not return any events. It just
    shows a ‘0’ in the end column. I’ve tried this on a new install with only your plugins active and get the same results.

Here’s the Feed:

https://www.google.com/calendar

/ical/theminotvoice.com_cvhq7l3pqtkb7v53u8uj1nm464%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Sorry for the two-line link… I’m using Chrome and Chrome OS and this forum page has a weird bug. Feels like a horizontal
    scroll/no-overflow issue. When lines get long, they don’t wrap,and they push the submit button to the right where it’s not
    accessible. Just an FYI on that issue.

Any Ideas on what might be happening with the ical feed?
    Thanks,
    Josh Wolsky

Josh Wolsky

More Details:

WordPress 4.01
    Event-Organiser: 2.9.2
    Ical-Extension: 1.4.1

WP-Engine Hosting

Josh Wolsky

And…

Error logs are full of reports similar to this:

PHP Warning: is_file() [function.is-file]: Unable to find the wrapper “feed” – did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in /nas/wp/www/cluster-1261/tmvfinal/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/includes/class-eo-ical-parser.php on line 183, referer: http:// …./wp-admin/options-general.php?page=event-settings&tab=imexport&settings-updated=true

Though it seems possible these may have been triggered while I was messing with the ical address to see if there was a different prefix protocol that would work (webcal: — feed: versus https:)

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by  Josh Wolsky.
    Josh Wolsky

Hi Josh,

The is_file() error is largely irrelevant – it’s only there in case the source of the iCal feed is a local file instead of a remote one (but if you want to fix it you may want to see http://stackoverflow.com/a/7123591/932391.

The real issue is that the iCal feed contains VFREEBUSYs rather than VEVENTs. The iCal was designed for transferring data between calendar accounts so it supports stuff like reminders, busy/free periods etc as well as events. In this instance, the feed’s “events” are in fact free/busy periods.

While it would probably be fairly straightforward to support VFREEBUSY as well as VEVENT – to do so may mean that some users end up with their free/busy periods on their website when this was never the intention (nor the existing behaviour).

Is the feed in question one in which you have control, or not?

Stephen Harris

Also, regarding the forum issue – this is a known problem, and the website is due for an update in the new year, and this will be addressed then. Apologies for any inconvenience in the mean time.

Stephen Harris

Hey Stephen,

Yes, I do have control over the calendar. Any suggestions on where to change the settings for Google so this might be fixed?

Or perhaps you know of a different calendar solution all together. I’m looking to aggregate a number of different community calendars into one solution, some managed by me, others by other parties.

And, no apology necessary on the forum bug. Just wanted you to know.

JW

Josh Wolsky

Solved! It was the damn extra layer of control between the Google Apps admin and my Google user account. Enabled All Event Sharing in the Apps Admin, then the sharing settings for the calendar had to be updated as well.

Consider this closed. Thanks for the push in the right direction!
    JW

Josh Wolsky

Great, glad that’s sorted for you :).

Stephen Harris
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.