Fatal error when Event Organiser PRO add-on is active

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Fatal error when Event Organiser PRO add-on is active

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I have been using the free version of the plugin for over a year now and extremely happy with it. Now I purchased the PRO add on. This created some troubles however :

1. License key shows as invalid in the backend

2. possibly related – some time after activation, the plugin causes a fatal error, preventing use of WP Admin, I have to deactivate it though FTP in order to regain access. When I reactivate the plugin, the error disappears – for some time !

Update : I may have solved the issue now as I noticed that the plugin repeatedly tried to call an external URL http://wp-event-organiser.com/ which got rejected. I have now whitelisted said URL.

Here’s the error message :

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property “name” on bool in …/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/includes/class-eo-extension.php:476

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  Paul Schroeder.
    Paul Schroeder

Thanks for reporting this Paul, and glad you got it sorted. Having reviewed the code there does appear to be an edge case where the call to the check the license key fails could lead to the fatal error you describe (at least on PHP 8+).

The next update will prevent that from happening.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.