existing event title not updated upon re-import

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums iCal Extension existing event title not updated upon re-import

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a google calendar import that had an event title change on the google side. Subsequent re-imports of the calendar does not update the title. Is there a way to force this to update? I’ve tried deleting the imported events, deleting and re-creating the import feed in EO. I also went to the database and emptied/truncated wp_eo_events. The event still keeps importing as it was previously.

What’s the best way to resolve this?

The feed is: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/emhs.net_37343136393530393737%40resource.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics and the item in question is on 22 April. The item is correctly showing on Google’s side (and another calendar tool I used to subscribe to the feed) as the “Hamburgers” option. This item was previously titled “Taco Bar”. After the procedures described above, the item is still titled “Taco Bar”.

Any recommendations?

Clay Showalter

Hi Clay,

It appears you’ve renamed one of the occurrences of the of the “Taco Bar (only), Fruit, Milk” event, to Hamburgers, Seasoned Potato Wedges, Fruit, Milk. Unfortunately Event Organiser only supports the same event title for all occurrences of an event.

There’s two workarounds for this limitation:

• In Google delete the occurrence and create it as a separate event with the desired title
    • Update the entire event in Google (i.e “update all occurrences” option.
    Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.