Events not listing on Venue page

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Events not listing on Venue page

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Philippe Zuber 1 day, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

When looking at a venue page, the upcoming events for that venue are not being listed.
    Could it have to do with the problem described here?
    https://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/topic/get-venue-by-meta-query-returning-empty-array/

It seems the SQL Query is searching through the wrong table.

Philippe Zuber

Hi Stephen

I still haven’t figured out why events aren’t listed on category and venue pages. See for example here:
    https://vivakirche-arth.ch/events/category/gottesdienst/

Philippe Zuber

Hi Philippe,

Have you edited the templates at all? By default if no events are found, there would be a “Nothing Found” message displayed. You might be able to check that by creating a category with no events and trying that page.

I ask because I don’t see that message on the link you gave, but nor does ti display the events. That suggests to me that the events are being returned from the database but are not being rendered correctly.

It seems that the template templates/eo-loop-single-event.php is not rendering anything. You could try adding some literal text to verify if it is being used or not. If you have a file called eo-loop-single-event.php in your theme/child theme you could try removing it.

In short, I think it’s a rendering issue rather than a database query issue in your case, but it would require a bit more debugging to be sure.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your answer. I am not using a child theme. The theme I am using is called generatepress.

Here is the code of my eo-loop-single-even.php.

<?php
    /**
     * A single event in a events loop. Used by eo-loop-single-event.php
     ***************** NOTICE: *****************
     *  Do not make changes to this file. Any changes made to this file
     * will be overwritten if the plug-in is updated.
     * To overwrite this template with your own, make a copy of it (with the same name)
     * in your theme directory.
     * WordPress will automatically prioritise the template in your theme directory.
     ***************** NOTICE: *****************
     * @package Event Organiser (plug-in)
     * @since 3.0.0
     */
    ?>
    <article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?> itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Event">

<header class="eo-event-header entry-header">

<h2 class="eo-event-title entry-title">
                " itemprop="url">
                    <?php the_title() ?>

</h2>

<div class="eo-event-date">
                <?php
                    //Formats the start & end date of the event
                    echo eo_format_event_occurrence();
                ?>
            </div>

</header><!-- .entry-header -->

<div class="eo-event-details event-entry-meta">

<?php
            //If it has one, display the thumbnail
            if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) {
                the_post_thumbnail( 'thumbnail', array( 'class' => 'attachment-thumbnail eo-event-thumbnail' ) );
            }

//A list of event details: venue, categories, tags.
            echo eo_get_event_meta_list();
            ?>

</div><!-- .event-entry-meta -->

<!-- Show Event text as 'the_excerpt' or 'the_content' -->
        <div class="eo-event-content" itemprop="description"><?php the_excerpt(); ?></div>

<div style="clear:both;"></div>

</article>

I can’t see anything wrong? Do you have further ideas?
    Best,
    Philippe

Philippe Zuber

Never mind, it works now. For whatever might have been the reason.

Philippe Zuber
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.