Event Time Incorrect

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leigh Rolfe 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I have an issue where events synced to WP are 2 hrs ahead of the Google Calendar event. ‘Learning for Life team meets’ May 23rd is one particular one, but it appears to be happening on all of the. The timezone of the event in GC and WP are the same (+10).

https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/lism.catholic.edu.au_vc5r6adrtfb7vk9r3mk0sguh8g%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Another issue we’ve had recently is duplicate ID’s prevent the entire sync from working. You commented in the code that you’d look at ignoring each event with the same ID after. Would be great if you could implement this, as we’ve now had a couple of feeds stop working, with the only way to fix it is by tracking down the event ID and removing the entry in GC.

Cheers,
    Leigh

Leigh Rolfe

Hi Leigh,

Re. duplicate event IDs, I’ll work on this next. The warning will still appear, however, as it may produced undesired effects when importing events. I’m surprised Google calendar are producing feeds with duplicate UIDs. (I assume all these events are being created in Google calendar?), so I’ll look into that to to see if there’s a way to accomodate this.

Regarding the timezone, if you choose “Sydney/Austrialia” rather than “+10” it should work as expected.

Stephen Harris

Thanks Stephen,

The timezone change in WP worked. I also find it strange the Google allows duplicate UIDs, but would certainly prefer a warning as opposed to breaking the feed.

Maybe the all the duplicate events could be ignored, while continuing with the others, that might prevent any undesired effects.

I assume the events are created in GC, but I can’t say for sure. If you need more info, I can find out.

Cheers,
    Leigh

Leigh Rolfe

Leigh, would you be able to send me an example of an .ics feed containing duplicate IDs. I’d like to see why the feed is duplicating IDs and whether or not they are the same event.

Thanks!

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately I had to fix up the duplicate IDs when the problem occurred. If it happens again, I’ll post a feed here.

Cheers,
    Leigh

Leigh Rolfe

Hi Stephen,

I have a new instance of this occurring, however it is likely required to have it fixed quickly. I will send you an email with the downloaded version, and a link to the live version (as our client would not want the information available to others).

Cheers,
    Leigh

Leigh Rolfe

Thanks Leigh! I’ll take a look

Stephen Harris

Am I right in saying that each event with a duplicate ID represents a revision of an original event?

For example, there are two events with UID jol91nifcdlbql516oo5di4hq4_R20141203@google.com. They differ by one day, and a small change to the summary (the removal of “TBC”). So it appears to be a revision. The SEQUENCE attribute (which is intended to be used to denote revisions) has been incremented, which supports this.

If so, it would make sense that when encountering duplicate ID the iCal parser picks the one with the largest SEQUENCE number.

Also, are you creating these events in Google, or importing them to Google from elsewhere?

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

My clients handle their own calendars. As far as I’m aware, they create them in Google Calendar. Then most likely edit them there. I’d agree that the larger SEQUENCE number is the most likely way to go.

I’ve asked my client to give me more info, and will let you know when they respond.

Cheers,
    Leigh

Leigh Rolfe

Just an update, the next update of Event Organiser (2.8) will fix this issue. If duplicate IDs are encountered it’ll use the sequence argument to choose between them. If they match also, it’ll just keep the first it comes across and produce a ‘soft’ warning.

Stephen Harris

Awesome, thanks Stephen!

Leigh Rolfe
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.