Event tickets can't leave spaces blank

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Event tickets can't leave spaces blank

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I’m having a problem when I am creating a ticket and wanting to set spaces blank on each tickets and only cap the total number of booking for all tickets. When save the spaces for each tickets becomes 0, and therefore no booking at all is possible for that ticket.

I’m pretty sure that this worked in earlier versions of Event Organiser Pro, so I think it is a feature that should work? 🙂

//Henning

Henning Alesund

Hi Henning,

0 means “no tickets” rather than unlimited, – this was a common misunderstanding, so the quantity input (in the browser) has a minimum value of 1. In practise some browsers may stop you saving the event with the ticket quantity set to 0, or automatically ‘update’ the value to 1.

In your case you’ll want to set the number of spaces for each ticket to be equal to the cap on total number of tickets. Call this number X then there’ll be X spaces available, and any ticket can be used.

Stephen Harris

Ok, but the problem for our admin-users is that the total cap can be empty and get the value “Do not cap”. They think that it works the same way for each ticket, that it becomes “Do not cap” if it is left blank.

But now if they want to fill in the total cap, they have to fill in a value on each ticket higher than do not cap, a workflow that may cause trouble. But now I now at least that is it not a bug, and I can write the instructions after this workflow.

//Henning

Henning Alesund

Ok, but the problem for our admin-users is that the total cap can be empty and get the value “Do not cap”.

That’s a good point, there is a discrepancy in the UI which should be addressed. Also, with regards to 0-spaces tickets, a future update will highlight this problem (along with others), perhaps with a small warning icon next to the ticket.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.