Event manger blocks page builder in canvas theme

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Event manger blocks page builder in canvas theme

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

hi,

i use woocommerce and event manager.
    For woocommerce i use page builder from poodlepress

These three toghter are great. how ever now there is a problem when i want to use the visual editor from poodle press.
    Event manger blocks the input window to scroll too the save button…..

can you help me solve the problem.

Thanks.

Greets,
    Jeroen

Jeroen Janssen

HI Jeroen,

After enabling Canvas & Page Builder, and enabling the page builder for events, I selected “Page builder” on the events admin page (just above the TinyMCE editor) and then proceeded to add a Pootle visual editor widget. A modal popped up containing a TinyMCE editor, but it appeared half way off the page, with the “Done” button offscreen until I scrolled down – is this what you’re referring to?

There is an event organiser styelsheet loaded on that page, and it does collide slightly with Pootlepress’ stylesheet (they both include a jQuery UI dialog on the page). But the problem you describe regarding the modal appearing half-off screen appears to happen independently of Event Organiser’s stylsheets (I manually removed them to check). Additionally it happens on the post type page.

It also occurs on a standard install of WordPress with Event Organiser deactivated, so I think this might be a problem with the page builder itself. If you’re aware of specific stylsheets (and lines thereof) which you are seeing cause this problem, I’d be happy to look into it again.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

The designer of pagebuilder would like to get in touch with you to solve the problem.

May i give your email address to him?

He also comes from the UK

regards,

Jeroen

Jeroen Janssen

Hi Jeroen,

Yes, certainly.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

how are you?

I’ve heard that you have had contact with each other.
    Is there a solution to come forward?

Greets,

Jeroen

Jeroen Janssen

Hi Jeroen,

My apologies, when originally looking at this I thought the issue was the modal appearing off-screen, rather than the actual issue, which was Event Organiser causing the modal to be position:fixed; rather than position:absolute making the modal inaccessible.

There’ll be an update shortly to Event Organiser, but the fix for yourself is simple. Simple change this line so the position is absolute rather than fixed: https://github.com/stephenharris/Event-Organiser/blob/2.10.0/css/eventorganiser-admin-fresh.css#L446

Stephen Harris

Hey Stephen
    I changed as you’ve indicated.
    Unfortunately, this does not change anything 🙁

to be sure that no other plugin causes problems I had deactivated your plugin.
    Than Everything worked as it should.

Do you have a other solution?

Greets

Jeroen Janssen

Sorry Jeroen – I forgot to add you would need to copy that file into the .min.css copy of that file of otherwise correct that minified copy (or enable SCRIPT_DEBUG in wp-config.php)

Stephen Harris

Unfortunately, I do not understand your last post at all. 🙁
    Is it possible that you send me the modified file?

Jeroen Janssen

An update is in the process of being rolled out now (Event Organiser 2.11.0) that should address this issue.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.