Event Feeds Broken After Update

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I’m not sure when this exactly happened, but all my event feeds have stopped working and return a permission error when I try to subscribe / refresh them in calendar applications.

I haven’t made any major changes to the templates or WP settings & plugins and was just wondering if this is a bug (your demo site seems to be working fine) or if you are aware of a common solution to this problem. I’ve checked (and removed) htaccess code and deactivated a few plugins as well as deactivated and reactivated the calendar feed option, but non of that seems to have worked.

See the ‘Subscribe To Events Feed’ module in the right-hand sidebar of openair.co.nz/events for links to feeds which worked in the past.

Thanks

Dario

I don’t know what happened exactly, but I deactivated all plugins (except for EO ones) and the feeds worked again, then I turned them on one-by-one and the feeds continued to be accessible.

So it’s all fixed now, but I’m unclear as to why this problem occurred and how it was resolved. :/

Dario

What was the error message you saw? It sounds like it might have a rewrite issue (normally I’ve only every come across this when a plug-in is installed…, and I wouldn’t expect an issue with updating a plug-in). If it does happen again you could try just going to Settings > Permalinks and clicking save, to flush the rewrite rules. But regardless let me know if it does happen again and I’ll look into it more.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.