error message Duplicate UID

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeroen Janssen 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I get the following message do you have any idea what this means and how i can solve this?
    [Regelnummers 780-794] Duplicate UID (98v3hma31vlg5acttktlse05ks@google.com) found in feed. UIDs must be unique.

Thanks

Regards,

Jeroen

Jeroen Janssen

Hi Jeroen,

Each event in an iCal feed is given a unique identifier (this is part of the iCal specification). Event Organiser users that identifier to check which events have already been imported, and whether they need updating. If two events have the same UID then one event will overwrite the other, so Event Organiser raises the above mentioned error message.

Earlier versions were very strict – the UID could not appear more than once in the feed. However some feeds include ‘revisions’, i.e. if you change your event in your calendar application it may include the original event details as well as the updated one. In these cases the application indicates the revision sequence, so that the latest version can be identified. So the current version does allow duplicate ID as long as a unique sequence for those duplicate IDs is given.

In short, if you’re not using the latest version of Event Organiser (i.e. 2.9), there’s a good chance that updating will fix the issue. If it persists, let me know the iCal feed (if you can) and I’ll take a look.

Stephen Harris

i have the version 2.9….. 🙁
    Is there a way i can set the message private?
    or can i e-mail the link?

Jeroen Janssen

Yes, you can use this form.

Stephen Harris

Done 😀

Jeroen Janssen

Thanks for sending that through Jeroen. In this instance the duplicated UID arose from an edited occurrence. This error will be fixed in 2.9.1.

Stephen Harris

Great,
    the error is gone.

Thanks for the quick solution.

Jeroen Janssen
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.