End time, venue popup, tooltips

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Having a number of problems with the plugin as I’m trying to add events. Here are the most pressing:

(1) Event posts don’t show the end time.

(2) Venue popup doesn’t popup when clicked.

(3) Lots of the tooltips don’t work (such as all three in the Edit Ticket window.

AlphaSmith

Hi Alison,

1. Event pages by default don’t show end dates. You can do this by editing the event-meta-single-event.php template (see this page for more details: http://wp-event-organiser.com/documentation/editing-the-templates/). The function to use is eo_get_the_end() (see codex) – and can be used in similar fashion to eo_get_the_start() which is present in the template.

2. Sounds like it could be a javascript issue. Potentially there’s an error on the page. Are you able to link to your site?

3. Thanks for reporting this. For me the tooltips are working (in the edit ticket window) but are appearing behind the edit ticket modal. I believe this bug will be effecting users with WP3.6+. I shall try to get this fixed in the 1.4 update over the weekend.

Stephen Harris

(1) OK, I’ll look into doing that. Will it cause a problem with upgrades to the plugin?

(2) Here is the events calendar page:

http://homeschool-open-source.com/events/

(3) Thanks!

I’m still working out glitches, but the users are loving the plugin. 🙂

AlphaSmith

Hi Alison,

Changes to the templates won’t cause a problem with upgrading if you move them to your theme.

I checked this event ( http://homeschool-open-source.com/events/event/cowpoke-roundup/ ) and clicking the venue icon opens the tooltips for me (on firefox, chrome and IE). Is it not working for you, or have I got the wrong page?

Stephen Harris

OK, how do I move them to my theme? In other words, where do I put them and how do I tell the plugin to look to the theme rather than elsewhere for those files?

Not sure what tooltip you’re referring to. When I go to that link, I don’t see a “venue icon.” ???

For #2 and #3 I’m talking about the dashboard where I’m creating events.

AlphaSmith

Just copy the appropriate template(s) from event-organiser/templates to your theme directory. The plug-in will automatically use the templates it finds in your theme.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to to the tooltip which appears when you click the venue marker on the Google map. Which pop-up are you referring to?

#3 will be fixed in the 2.3.1 release of the standard version :).

Stephen Harris
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.