Editing others' events

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Reeves 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have permissions set so that anyone can edit anyone else’s event but it doesn’t seem to be working. When trying to edit another user’s event the edit button is gone and if I add /edit-event to the url it just shows the event like normal instead of the edit form. Editing a user’s own event works fine.

Brian Reeves

Hi Brian,

When front-end editing is enabled users who can edit the event and the author, if they can read the event are allowed to edit the event (from the front-end).

Can your users edit the event from wp-admin/ with the permission they have? (They should be able to).

Giving users the “edit others’ events” permission should be sufficient (but they may also need “edit published events” and “edit private events” too).

Stephen Harris

I can edit from wp-admin/ but not from the front-end. I’m an administrator and have all permissions.

Brian Reeves

Hi Brian,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. This might be a silly question, but I can’t think of any reason why an admin couldn’t edit from the front-end: have you enabled front-end editing by adding the constant in your wp-config.php, and is it above the last line of the config?

Stephen Harris

Yes, the EVENT_ORGANISER_FES_FRONTEND_EDITING constant is set to true in config.

Brian Reeves
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.