"E_ERROR" crash – cannot activate Event Organiser Pro

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug "E_ERROR" crash – cannot activate Event Organiser Pro

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Wilder 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello, I recently purchased EO Pro and I cannot activate the plugin due to the error below, which brings down the entire backend. Please advise. Thanks!

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 34 of the file /home/voodooco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-pro/includes/booking/Capability.php. Error message: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Target must of type \EO_Booking in EventOrganiserPro\booking\Capability in /home/voodooco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-pro/includes/booking/Capability.php:34 Stack trace: #0 /home/voodooco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-pro/includes/register.php(297): EventOrganiserPro\booking\Capability->apply_primitive_caps_required(Array, true, 15, NULL) #1 /home/voodooco/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): {closure}(Array, true, 15, Array) #2 /home/voodooco/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array) #3 /home/voodooco/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php(614): apply_filters(‘map_meta_cap’, Array, true, 15, Array) #4 /home/voodooco/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-user.php(740): map_meta_cap(true, 15) #5 /home/voodooco/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php(649): WP_User->has_cap(true) #6 /home/voodooco/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1337): current_user_can(true) #7 /home/voodooco/public_html/w

Stephen Wilder

I’m seeing a similar (perhaps the same?) error upon upgrading an existing installation from the 2.x to 3.0.2. I have rolled back to the 2.x for now, FYI.

Clay Showalter

Hi Stephen / Clay,

I’ll look into this and get an update as soon as possible.

Stephen Harris

I’ve just released 3.0.3 to resolve this issue. The bug occurs when a plug-in or theme calls:

current_user_can(true)

I’m not sure why a plug-in/theme would want to do that; that could be a bug, but it shouldn’t now cause the error you reported.

Stephen Harris

That fixed it! Thanks, excited to play around with the pro version!

Stephen Wilder
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.