Duplicate events from iCal feed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cliff Hirtle 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a fairly active iCal feed that I’m pulling into the iCal extension. This is the first time I’ve used the plug-in so I may be missing something obvious but I’ve checked all the settings and don’t see anything obvious.

Basically I’m getting duplicate evente appearing for just about every event in the feed. I am not sure if this Is related to the duplicate UID issue cited in the thread below:

http://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/topic/error-message-line-62-duplicate-uid/

For what it’s worth I do get a unknown time zone error in the logs for the plug-in, but that does not seem to reflect what folks were saying with the duplicate UID above.

Example: [Line 30] Unknown timezone “Eastern Standard Time” interpreted as “UTC”

Is there additional log files or details on how the feed is being processed that I could check? Is there a duplicate event logic build in? The thread above seem to suggest there is.

Thanks for any help you can provide here. The plug-in looks very promising but I’m just getting started with it.

For what it’s worth, I have the same feed pulling into calendar on my Mac and to Google calendar and I’m not seeing the duplicate of an issue. Here is a link to the feed:

http://elmcity.cloudapp.net/socialhartford/ics?view=business

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by  Cliff Hirtle. Reason: Added link to feed
    Cliff Hirtle

Hi Cliff,

I can see there’s a number of alerts relating to interpreting timezones. Unfortunately the plug-in is limited to timezone identifiers that PHP itself recognises. As such there may be timezone names which are patiently obvious to a human reader, but unfortunately not to your computer. These alerts allow you to see where the computer is making a guess. I’m going to provide a better (moire succinct) way of displaying these, but also make it possible for them to be suppressed.

Regarding the feed, I didn’t get any errors relating to duplicated IDs. What version of iCal sync are you using?

Stephen Harris

Ok sorry I was looking at the raw events list under WP Admin > Events > Calendar View, which appears to list all duplicate events, whereas the actual short code output page does not. I have some other questions related to the plugin but I’ll post those under a different topic.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by  Cliff Hirtle.
    Cliff Hirtle
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.