Do not delete past events when fetch

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums iCal Extension Do not delete past events when fetch

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Karen Acklin 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am doing a fetch of an ics file that comes from Outlook and the process works fantastics. However, the .ics file contains 17 months of events. I started using this feature since last year, however I just noticed that the fetch is somehow deleting my past events.
    So for example, right now I see the events from May 2016 to Dec 2016, that is what the ics file contains, but I lost my events I was fetching since December 2015.
    Is there a way the fetching do not delete my past events? I mean import the events that comes in the ics file (like not it is doing it) but keep all those events that were importing int the past (in my case those I imported since dev 2015?

Karen Acklin

Hi Karen,

Not really unfortunately. It syncs itself with the iCal source: so events not present in the iCal feed are deleted. If it didn’t do this, then events removed from the feed (i.e. deleted from source) wouldn’t be deleted from the event.

I’ll consider adding a filter to alter this behaviour, but I don’t think there’ll be a user-facing option to toggle this behaviour.

Have you configured the iCal feed to not include past events, or is that just it’s behaviour?

Stephen Harris

I see, and I understand, I will fix it in the ics file. thanks!

Karen Acklin
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.