Deactivating EO Pro Database Error WP unavailable!

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Deactivating EO Pro Database Error WP unavailable!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey Stephen, we had several errors – on some browsers/systems it’s impossible to book an event. I than tried to deactivate EO plugins but that caused the whole system to crash. We had to import a database backup to “fix” that problem. Thats 2 month ago. Now we try to deactivate the EO plugins but there seems to be no way – i deleted tables from sql but can’t recover WordPress. Unfortunately and in addition to that crash – after deactivation WordPress sends no Mail to the admin – so i have no idea what to do.

Could you please help me with this problem? We have set up a test domain and i can provide access for you.

Edit: I just deactivated all other plugins – except EO Pro – than switch to standard wp theme and than deactivated EO Pro – WP message (sorry with some german phrases):

German “Löschen fehlgeschlagen” = “Failed to delete file” and
    German “WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler” = “database error “

Löschen fehlgeschlagen: WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1]DROP TABLE IF EXISTS WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1]DROP TABLE IF EXISTS {"success":true,"data":{"delete":"plugin","slug":"event-organiser-pro","plugin":"event-organiser-pro\/event-organiser-pro.php","pluginName":"Event Organiser Pro"}}

Link to test domain

Greetings, Peter

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Peter Wesche.
    Peter Wesche

Hi Peter,

The plug-in calls two queries when deactivated:

$wpdb->query( "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS {$wpdb->eo_booking_tickets}" );
    $wpdb->query( "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS {$wpdb->eo_booking_ticketmeta}" );

It seems in your case $wpdb->eo_booking_tickets and $wpdb->eo_booking_ticketmeta are empty.

Those values are set in eventorganiser_pro_register_cpt() which is hooked onto two hooks (init, priority 11) and switch_blog (for multisite installations).

It’s not clear how they could be empty, unless something is causing it to become unhooked. One thing I would recommend you try is to ensure the standard version is active when you at trying to deactivate the Pro plug-in.

If you’d like me to investigate this further, I would need FTP access to the site. If you’re happy to do that please get in touch via https://wp-event-organiser.com/contact/ with credentials.

Stephen Harris

Hey Stephen, i solved the problem. I’m thinking about a change from the event organizer to another plugin, because event organizer doesn’t play well with beaver themer. Is there a way to use event organizers fields in shortcodes – so I could display them in beaver themer layouts? That would be a good reason to stay with event organizer.  Thanks and greetings, Peter 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Peter Wesche.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Peter Wesche.
    Peter Wesche

There’s the event list shortcode which can be used to display event details, but more generally the plug-in tries to insert event meta into the theme’s page.php.

The plug-in is designed to allow you to over-ride this behaviour in the theme (e.g. just by creating a single-event.php in your theme). That will give you full control over how the event is rendered.

Alternatively there are template parts, e.g. so you can just change how the event details are displayed within the page, rather than change the page in its entirety. See http://docs.wp-event-organiser.com/theme-integration/overview/ for more details.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.