date format without "th" (as in: 19th)

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Frontend Submissions date format without "th" (as in: 19th)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angelo Kabambi 6 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I really like this plugin, but I have a problem with the date format. I am working on a french website I want to change the date format and get rid of the “th” on the date.

this is the text I have “Cet événement se répètera toutes les semaines le lundi jusqu’au mars 19th 2018

this is how I want the text to be “Cet événement se répètera toutes les semaines le lundi jusqu’au 19 mars 2018

can you help me with that please

Angels

Angelo Kabambi

Hi Angels,

Where are you seeing that text, when you are creating an event? If so, is this in the events admin page, or when using the front-end extension form?

Stephen Harris

I see it when using the front-end extension form

Angelo Kabambi

Hi Angelo,

That’s currently hard-coded. It’s actually part of the script for Event Organiser’s edit event page, but is leveraged by the FES Extension.

I’ll be releasing an update in the next few days, which will address this issue by only using the ordinal suffixes (st,nd,rd,th) if they are present in the site’s date format settings.

I assume in your case you do not use the suffix in your site’s dates (e.g post’s publication dates), so this should mean that you wouldn’t see the suffix in in the event recurrence summary either in the edit event admin page, or FES.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

thank you for your reply.

When do you think you will do the update ?

Can you hola at me when the update is in the air, thank you very much

Angelo

Angelo Kabambi

Hi Angelo

That update has now been released.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen, thank you for the update.

One last thing, is it possible that the plugin use the site date format. I mean when it’s dd/mm/YY and not mm/dd/yy

Angelo

Angelo Kabambi
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.