Custom Fields not available in dashboard, email notice or notification to reques

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Frontend Submissions Custom Fields not available in dashboard, email notice or notification to reques

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’ve set up several ‘custom’ fields in the event request form: First name, last name and Phone. I cannot find a way to display those fields anywhere. (In other words, I can request the information but can’t look at it.)
    In addition, the requester’s email is not in the email ‘New Event Submission’ notice – and it should be..

The requester’s email is visible in the dashboard but is not ‘hot’ – no direct link. So, there is no easy way to contact the requester nor a way to see the full details of request.

Help.

Thank you Stephen.

Sally Archambault

Hi Sally,

Custom fields should appear in the ‘custom fields’ section of the event admin page. If you cannot see this, please try Screen Options in the top right and ensure that ‘Custom Fields’ is selected. If you cannot see it there, please enable custom fields in the plug-in settings at Settings > Event Organiser > General

Custom fields should appear in the admin notification e-mail (is this what you’re referring to?). You can display them on the event’s page by editing the templates and adding:

<?php echo get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), 'your_chosen_meta_key', true ); ?>

You’re right, the submitter details are missing from the ‘new event notification’, and this shall be added in 1.3.0.

I shall look into making the submitters email clickable for 1.3.0. If the submitter is logged-in then it will link to their user profile.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.