Coupon Codes invalid field

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I can’t figure out why coupon codes are not working on this website upon submission, https://www.sandiegolabrats.org/events/event/encinitas-fall-session-2/.

ERROR: Some fields are not valid

The coupon is valid. On the front end, nothing is highlighted. But when I view source, I find this:

<div class=”eo-booking-error eo-booking-form-stripe-payment-errors” style=”display:none;”>

</div>

If we don’t use coupon codes, the registration works fine.

Feel free to use the Coupon Code: JASON

It’s a 100% discount so no charge will occur. In test mode I tried a discount of $199 so it would submit $1. Still didn’t work, so it’s not an issue of submitting 0 to Stripe.

BTW, there should be a condition that if Total = 0, then the gateway is hidden. Why should people need to submit a credit card if they are paying $0?

Jason Farran

I should add, I can’t leave this in test mode because the event registration is live.

Jason Farran

Hi Jason,

There is an issue with the Stripe payment gateway and 100% discount codes. I’ll look into resolving that.

However, I wasn’t able to replicate the error you saw. Did you place the booking as a logged-in user? If so, in that account’s profile, have you supplied a first and last name? There is a known issue that if you use a pre-existing account without a name then the booking will fail, because it requires a name, but the error message is not visible because for a logged-in user, the name field is removed.

Stephen Harris

Awesome! Yes that was the issue with the field.

In regards to the 100% discount, can you just include an “if ($total <=0) {use offline payment functionality}” type of condition? That way it wouldn’t even use Stripe gateway. It should hide the credit card input all together since no payment is required. Same functionality as “offline payment” that you have, right?

Jason Farran

It’s slightly more complicated than that, but that’s broadly the idea.

There’ll be a release shortly, and if the booking total comes to 0, then the gateway selection will disappear.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.