Clicking on event author returns no results found

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Frontend Submissions Clicking on event author returns no results found

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lukas Feddern 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When clicking on the author of an event I just get a page that says no results found. Is there a way of instead showing the buddypress profile page of the user that submitted the event?

thanks

Lukas Feddern

Unless you’re using a custom single-event.php the plugin uses the theme single.php which I think will typically link to the author’s post archive page.

If you create a custom single-event.php you can change that link to anything (e.g. buddypress profile page). Details on how to change that link will be specific to your theme, but the function to use for buddypress is:

$url = bp_core_get_user_domain( get_the_author_meta( ‘ID’ ) );

At least according to: https://buddypress.org/support/topic/post-author-profile-link/

Stephen Harris

Ok thanks, I will have a root around to find where this is on my theme

Lukas Feddern
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.