Can't add event?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

We’ve recently discovered that we are unable to publish events. When we hit publish we get a message saying;

“Are you sure you want to do this?”
    “Please try again”

The event then gets saved as a draft, which again can’t be published.

So far I have tried disabling all plug-ins and deleting event organiser (removing all data) then reinstalling it but I still get the same issue.

I’m using wordpress 3.5.1 and event organiser 1.7.3

Any advice? Thanks.

Sam

Hi Sam,

I can’t replicate this issue. It’s long shot but could you switch to TwentyEleven theme temporarily?

The error message you see is prompted when WordPress performs a nonce check – a security check – and it fails. It’s normally caused by a plug-in/theme performing the check when they shouldn’t…

Stephen Harris

Thanks Stephen,

The site is running a twenty ten child theme, but i get the same issue when switching to twenty eleven.

I can see how the issue will be difficult to replicate. Is there any way I can find out what’s causing the nonce check to fail?

Thanks again.

Sam

Hi Stephen,

I just manually reinstalled WordPress over the top of my current installation and it has fixed the issue.

The automatic update to version 3.5.1 must have got itself in to a bit of a mess.

EO is working perfectly now 🙂

Sam

Awesome 🙂

For future reference an easy way of checking what function is behind something like that:

add_filter( 'wp_die_handler', 'wp_die_debugger' );
    function wp_die_debugger( $function ){
        echo wp_debug_backtrace_summary();
        return $function;
    }

But I would recommend removing it as soon as you’ve finished debugging. Works for WP 3.4+.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.