Calendar loads for logged-in users only

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Calendar loads for logged-in users only

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaroslaw 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

the problem is as stated in the title. For ‘anonymous’ users the calendar nevers stops loading (and the events are not shown), but everything goes fine as soon as you log in as a registered user. I have enabled the WP debug option, but nothing gets reported either on screen or in the error log.

The page address is

http://projectonomy.eu/event/calendar/

I have also set up a temporary user (userid=tester, pwd=test2018) if you would like to see that the problem disappears as soon as you log in.

Thanks in advance — Jarek

Jaroslaw

Hi Jaroslaw,

For logged out users, the ajax request to retrieve events is getting the error: Accessing author info via REST API is forbidden. That error message must be coming from a third-party plugin, probably a security related one.

I’ve seen this reported before, but I’ve not yet identified the plugin responsible.

It is presumably a setting in such a plugin which blocks user data from the REST API. However, the calendar doesn’t actually use the REST API, so in that sense it is kind of a bug with the plug-in.

The user data in this context is simply the user ID, which is used for filtering events by author on the calendar.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

After your hint, it was not hard to identify the villain: in my case, it turned out to be the popular “All In One WP Security” plugin. I tried to disable its individual features one by one, but without effect, so I just deactivated the plugin altogether and the calendar is back again!

Thanks a lot for your help, as always
    — Jarek

Jaroslaw
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.