Bookings missing on filter

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I believe I have a strange bug… When viewing bookings for a particular event through bookings/filter it is returning “No Bookings Found” (Pagination set to 20, default). However, if you access the link directly I see 5 valid bookings… or if you increase the pagination so that the event appears on the first page that also seems to work ok. There only seems to be one event with this problem….

Can you please review/advise?

Regards

Jason

E.G
    This returns “No Bookings Found”
    http://www.xxxxxx.co.uk/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=event&page=bookings&paged=2&event_id=5348

This returns 5 valid bookings ok
    http://www.xxxxxx.co.uk/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=event&page=bookings&event_id=5348

jasonb

Hi Jason, the first url contains “paged=2”, so it’s looking on the second page. However, with 20 bookings per page, and the fact that the second url (correctly) indicates only 5 bookings found – there won’t be a ‘page 2’. So the results for the first url would be correct as far as I can tell…

(Or I may have misunderstood – it maybe that when applying a filter and existing filter is not being removed – resulting in no matching bookings).

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think there is something wrong with filters and pagination. This was picked up by end user who manages the bookings and confirms them etc… I have replicated the problem and discovered that a direct link works.

Exact steps to replicate:

1. View all bookings (No filters applied) shows 250+ over 13 pages etc…
    2. Scroll to next page (Page 2 of 13).
    3. Filter by a particular event (ID 5348 Name hidden for security) to see all the associated bookings.
    4. Filter result returns “no bookings found” although filter name show correctly.

If you request via a direct url without pagination and include the event ID the bookings are shown correctly. (Obviously the end user does not want or know how to do this and filters booking by event names from the UI etc…)

Let me know if you want me to setup a temporary user logon so you can review/test yourself.

Regards

Jason

jasonb

Ah, I see. Filtering by event, doesn’t clear the page you are on. So if you filter by event on page 2, then you’ll be viewing bookings for that event, on page 2 – or “No bookings found” if there is no page 2.

I’ll fix this in the next update.

Stephen Harris

Correct’o. OK, great thanks.

Related questions:

Q1. Is it possible to include the dropdown filter navigation on Bookings, same as on Events? Either new feature or hack?

Q2. Is there a better way to manage bookings that have now expired?<br />
    Something similar to “Delete expired events” option, as the end user now has 250+ bookings which also includes past events…

Regards
    J

jasonb

Q1. Is it possible to include the dropdown filter navigation on Bookings, same as on Events? Either new feature or hack?

Q2. Is there a better way to manage bookings that have now expired?

Making managing bookings easier is something I’d like to work on, so I’d certainly welcome any feedback and/or suggestions. In particular , is there is anything your client does regularly – and if so how might the plug-in make that easier to do?

There’s already an auto-complete for bookings (with which you can search bookings by ID, bookee name or e-mail). But a second one for events could also work (search by event title, and then, if applicable, event date). I’ve also toyed with the idea of an ‘advanced search/filter’ panel which you can toggle at the top of the bookings page, and/or an event’s bookings page (with easy-to-read statistics regarding bookings for that event, and a quick way of viewing a list of attendees).

However, I’m keen to avoid cluttering the admin – the aim is to make it easy for users to manage their events, and part of that is not overwhelming them with a ‘cockpit’ of options. But like I said, I’d value any feedback. I shall probably ‘trial’ any suggestions in a seperate extension before rolling it into core.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.