Booking form items won't sort

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I have been having problems with setting up booking forms.<br />
    Each time I set the field order and save, it looks fine. Then I re-load the form, and the fields are all in a seemingly random order again.

Owen Morris

Hi Owen,

I’ll just sent an email to get a copy of the booking form (you can export it as json file) to help me investigate this.

Stephen Harris

I’m having the exact same problem. Do you have a solution?

Michael Bresnan

Hi Michael,

I wasn’t able to replicate the issue. I’ll be in touch via email in case I’m able to replicate the bug with your forms.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen

We are experiencing the exact same issue. Using the latest version of both the standard and pro bugin the booking form fields just reorder themselves randomly after saving.
    Standard version: 3.10.2
    Pro Version: 3.0.16

I was able to go through various backups to find older versions I had of the pro version and 3.0.9 works fine. The next version I have is 3.0.14 which also mixes everything up as well as 3.0.15.

Interestingly I note in the Change Log that the issue was dealt with in 3.0.10… unfortunately I don’t have a copy of this version but it seems that it worked fine for me before this.

In an attempt to troubleshoot the issue I installed a fresh copy of WordPress using just the default WordPress theme and only the Event Organiser plugins… the issue occurred with this senario.

For now we are using the older version of the pro plugin… but obviously would prefer to be using the latest version.

Many thanks

Jean Fraser

Hello,

we are having the same problem. Are there any news in this?

Best regards

Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin

I’m having the same issue… with the newest updates. Is there at least a way to access older versions, so one might be able to avoid this?

Mat

Hi,

The latest version of Pro should resolve this issue. You may need to re-order and re-save the booking form twice before it is corrected.

The issue was due to relying on index of the element which proved to be unreliable. There is now an explicit ordering. After the first save the elements should have that property, and you should then be able to reorder the elements again to the correct position and save them.

Stephen Harris

Hello Stephen,
    I have the same issue even with the latest updates.

Kamil

Kamil Konečný

Hi Kamil,

If this is an existing booking form, you might need to re-order it and re-save a couple of times.

If it persists to incorrectly order the fields, let me know and I’ll be in touch to investigate this further for you.

Stephen Harris

The problem sadly still persists, both with existing and completely new forms.

Thanks for reporting this again. I’ve just released 3.3.0 – can you confirm that fixes the issue for you?

Stephen Harris

Thank you, now it works perfectly.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.