Booking form failing accessibility test

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Booking form failing accessibility test

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Web Team 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    we have a public sector site which uses the booking form for events, which works great and exactly as they want it.

Unfortunately their accessibility tests are flagging the booking form for a couple of issues. The main one is autocomplete being set to off in the

<

form>.

It would also be useful to be able to edit the autocomplete value per field, like placeholder as well. For example autocomplete=”given-name” autocomplete=”family-name” for first name and last name.

If there’s a neat way (hook, action) to get autocomplete working that would be great.

Kind regards,
    Simon

Web Team

Hi Simon,

The template which renders the <form> tag can be found in templates/eo-booking-form.php. This file (and all other files in that directory) can be copied to your theme (or child theme) and will take precedence over the file in the plug-in. In this way you can make any necessary template changes, and it’ll survive plug-in updates.

I will look into adding an option for setting the autocomplete attribute for the various fields

Stephen Harris

Hello Stephen,
    thanks for the update.
    I should have really updated this to say I have done that and edited the templates for the form tag and some of the field types (name, address, email). That works well has improved compliance.

I think what would be very useful from the admin side is an autocomplete field for standard field types, for example being able to add something like ‘organisation’ to a standard input field.
    On advanced fields an autocomplete would be handy to distinguish between field types, for example a work/personal telephone type.

Editing the templates has really helped.

Thanks again for the reply.
    Kind regards,
    Simon

Web Team
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.