1.7 single-event paage loading

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michael 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure if this is a bug or me and my set up. I use Genesis framework so I had copied the template files over to my theme folder. All my templates work fine but single-event.php. The page loads up to when the tags are called then the rest of the page fails to load. I have the tags option off in the options panel.
    Here is the server log error.
    PHP Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in …/public_html/wp-content/plugins/Event-Organiser-dev-1.7/templates/event-meta-event-single.php on line 73

Michael

Ive really changed little with the 1.63 template just set it up for my theme.

Michael

Michael, on line 72 (line above one giving you the error, it should read:

<?php if( get_the_terms(get_the_ID(),'event-category') ){ ?>#

can you try replacing it with:

<?php if( get_the_terms(get_the_ID(),'event-tag') && !is_wp_error( get_the_terms(get_the_ID(),'event-tag') ) ){ ?>

The reason for the error is that you haven’t got event tag’s enabled, and the default template is not checking first that it is.

Thanks for reporting this!

Stephen Harris

Thank you.

Michael

Like the new templates BTW. Great work with EO.

Now this is probably a stupid question (I’m famous for it). Should I have been able to update 1.6.3 to 1.7? Right now I’ve both listed in my plugins and just deactivated 1.6.3.

Michael

Glad you like the new templates!

Nope, you shouldn’t be able to upgrade to 1.7 yet – its still in beta testing and hasn’t been released on the repository yet.

Stephen Harris

Hi I am having a similar problem, i am using a classipress theme, the event is showing twice on the events page and when i click the title to go to the single event page i get the following error: Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/******/public_html/wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/theme-functions.php on line 1382

line 1382 contains the following code:
    case is_single():
    $cat = get_the_category();
    $cat = $cat[0];
    echo get_category_parents($cat, TRUE, ” $delimiter “);
    echo $currentBefore . the_title() . $currentAfter;
    break;

I hope you can help with this as i would really like to us this plugin on my sites.

Dave Lamont

davlam0

Hi Davlam0 – I take it you’re trying out the 1.7 beta version too?

R.e. the event appearing twice – is this a recurring event? If so you can expect to see the event for each time it occurs (unless you are grouping by events in the plug-in settings).

The second issue is a bug with the theme. It’s assuming get_category_parents($cat, TRUE, ” $delimiter “); will return a string – but it can return a WP_Error. I think this occurring because

$cat = get_the_category();

will be empty / false because that returns any post categories (which are not applies to events). Try:

$parent_cat = get_category_parents($cat, TRUE, " $delimiter ");
     if( !is_wp_error( $parent_cat ) ){
            echo $parent_cat ;
     }

Stephen Harris

Hi
    I back to trying my luck at get my events area set up again. Using the new templates (updated dev 1.7 today) I’m setting them up to work with Genesis. On the events page it would load again to the event meta list and stop loading the page. It dies with this php error (I’ve tags off)..

[31-Jan-2013 22:16:38] PHP Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in .../public_html/wp-content/plugins/Event-Organiser-dev-1.7/includes/event-organiser-event-functions.php on line 1062

I added the above (your reply to the original post ) check which gets it past the meta thing BUT now it loads every event and occurrence. So my page loads forever till it eventually crashes everything (browser). I have again really change little in the templates just getting it to load with my Genesis theme.
    I to get double post meta on single view events.

I know this is mostly a “my theme” thing but maybe the 1st error matters. I know what I’m doing tonight…

Michael

Fixed my loading issues by starting over and just changing some css class and id’s.

Michael
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.