The ability to allow users to submit events from the front-end of the website (and published, after moderation by an admin) as been a much requested feature.
And now, with Event Organiser Front-end Submissions (or FES for short) you can do just that.
If you wish to help beta-test the plug-in, simply fill in the form at the bottom of this page. As always, beta-testers will be given a free license key for their help.
What the plug-in does:
- Allows you to create multiple forms, by which users can submit events.
- You can decide if logged-out users can submit events, and what happens are the event is submitted.
- You can decide which details the user has to provide, and whether they can submit recurring events
- Provides fields for selecting event venues and categories
- Allows you to add additional fields for custom fields (post meta).
- Provides e-mail templates, for “thank you for submitting messages”
- Add a field to allow users to provide an image for the event
What the plug-in does not do… yet.
Below are the features, which are planned, but will not be present in the initial release:
- Option to allow users to create new venues/categories
- Import & Export forms
If there’s a particular feature you’d like to see added, or you have any questions about the plug-in, then please just get in touch. Please note it is not currently a road-mapped feature to allow users to edit submissions
If you’d like to beta-test the plug-in, then simply fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
The minimum requirements for this plug-in are slightly more restrictive that other extensions. These may be revised once backwards compatibility with older versions of WordPress & Event Organiser has been tested.
- Event Organiser 2.8.0
- WordPress 3.8.0
- PHP 5.2
Sorry, applications for beta-testers are now closed. If you have already applied, you can expect to hear from us shortly. Otherwise, sign up to the mailing list (in the sidebar) for an early-bird discount when the plug-in goes live.