VAT Extension

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have the need to use your VAT extension but my Events are presently scattered across 8 EU countries, and more will be added next year. Presently, this extension allows one unified %. How do I get a different VAT % in other countries as almost every country has a different VAT %?

Maybe, their is not much demand for such functionality so I’ll understand that the extension will not have this function any time soon.

If, not planned, I have a programmer and can try to adopt this extension. Therefore, we would appreciate any suggestions to implement such solution. We always use a WP child theme anyway. Preferably suggestion that will be non depending on future wp event organiser Pro updates.
    Thanks

Miho Karlic

Hi Miho,

You could do this by editing the VAT extension, specifically this page. You could

• Set the VAT rate using an event custom field (eg. ‘vat’)
    • Define eventorganiservat_get_vat_percent() to accept an event ID as an argument (for example).

function eventorganiservat_get_vat_percent( $event_id ) {
           return get_post_meta( $event_id, 'vat', true );
      }

You could instead use venue custom fields, and determine the VAT based on the event’s venue (which might be easier if you have a lot of events sharing a venue.

• On this line you’ll need to get the event ID from the booking ID, whihc you can do as follows:

$event_id = eo_get_booking_meta( $booking_id, 'event_id' );

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.