Theme conflicts

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lynne 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

My event organizer event detail page(s) are blank (no event data) when I try to use a pointfinder theme (http://pointfindertheme.com/). If I use a generic theme, like Twenty Fifteen, the event data shows up. I’ve noticed the point finder main content div does not have a ‘main’ id div (i.e. different ids/classes then the Twenty Fifteen theme).

Note: my other EVO pages have content, but, the CSS is not working very well and some pages have ‘div’ artifacts displaying (presumably ill formed html).

What are my best options for getting the EV plugin to work with a theme?

Thanks,
    Lynne

Lynne

I managed to fix the issue by comparing the template’s single.php page and the single-event.php page. There may have been a typo in my single-event.php page.<br />
    Thanks,
    Lynne

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

Glad that’s sorted. Are you still experiencing the other issues regarding the <div> on events pages?

Stephen Harris

Yes, I’m seeing html artifacts on a venues page. It looks like the theme’s div’s and the evo divs are being intermixed somehow. The source html is:

<

div id=”eo_event_list_widget-2″ class=”EO_Event_List_Widget”>

Upcoming

<ul class=”eo-events eo-events-widget”>

<li class=”eo-event-cat-bumbu eo-event-running eo-all-day”>
    Mt. Pacific Office Bellevue on November 24, 2015

<li class=”eo-event-venue-3617-131st-ave-se-bellevue-3 eo-event-cat-tats-truck eo-event-future”>
    EASTSIDE: T-Mobile Corporate Campus on November 24, 2015 10:30 am

<li class=”eo-event-venue-11400-se-8th-st-bellevue-wa-98004-usa eo-event-cat-meat-on-a-mission eo-event-future”>
    Bellevue – Bellefield Office Park on November 24, 2015 11:00 am

<li class=”eo-event-cat-314pie eo-event-future”>
    South Lake Union: Boren and Republican on November 24, 2015 11:00 am

<li class=”eo-event-venue-chucks-cd eo-event-cat-hallava-falafel eo-event-future”>
    Hallava Falafel on November 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Lynne

The event organizer elements are being interspersed with the theme’s sidebar elements presumably because the theme’s sidebar is incorporating event organizer elements. Since I don’t need a sidebar on those pages, I simply removed the sidebar from the template, thus avoiding the conflict. Thanks again for the help, I’m still learning about WordPress!

Lynne
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.