This plug-in allows to import events from a CSV file into Event Organiser. You can also export events from Event Organiser into a CSV file.
Please note that this plug-in still in beta. I welcome feedback, issues and pull-requests.
How to use this plug-in
Once installed, go to Tools > Import Events. Here you can export a CSV file or select a file to import one. To import an file:
- Select browse and select the file, click “Upload file and import”
- All being well you should now see a preview of the CSV file, along with a drop-down option at the base of each column. If the preview looks wrong, try selecting a different delimiter type (comma, tab, space) at the top.
- If the first row of the CSV file is a header, select the option indicating this. The first row will then be ignored.
- At the bottom of each column select what the column represents. The options are (not all a required):
- Start (formatted in Y-m-d format, and also indicating time only if the event is not all-day)
- End (formatted as above)
- Recur until (if the event recurs, the date of its last occurrence)
- Recurrence Schedule (if the event recurs, how it repeats: (once|daily|weekly|monthly|yearly|custom).
- Recurrence Frequency (if the event recurs, an integer indicating with what frequency)
- Schedule Meta (See documentation for
eo_insert_post(), e.g. “MO,TU,THR” (weekly), “BYDAY=2MO” or “BYMONTHDAY=16” (monthly)
- Content (HTML post content)
- Venue (Venue slug)
- Categories (comma seperated list of category slugs)
- Tags (comma seperated list of tag slugs)
- Include dates (comma seperated list of Y-m-d dates to include from the event’s schedule)
- Exclude dates (as above, but added to the event’s schedule)
- Post Meta (an option will appear to provide the meta-key)
- Click import.
- Support venue meta data
- Support category colours
- Add filters for developers
- Add support for UID to prevent importing an event twice (perhaps, update the event?)
- Add support ‘maps’ for importing from other applications (where format of exported CSV file is prescribed).
- Support generic date formatting (try to ‘guess’ / ask for format )