By default auto-return is disabled in your PayPal account: when a user completes their purchase they remain on the PayPal site, and presented with a link back to your bookings page (which will display a thank you notice) – but they are not automatically redirected.
Event if users do no return to your site, the payment will still have been processed, and their booking status updated accordingly.
How To Enable Auto-Return
Please note instructions for Sandbox accounts may differ.
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click the Profile subtab.
- Click the My Selling Tools link in the left column.
- Under the Selling Online section, click the Update link in the row for Website Preferences.
- Under Auto Return for Website Payments, click the On radio button to enable Auto Return.
- Click to enable the ‘return url’. PayPal require you to specify an url – but this url will over-ridden by the plug-in.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Save button.
Auto-redirect shall now be enabled.
For more information see: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/express_return_summary-outside